There are many ways to consume the placenta after birth and all are equally spiritual and physically beneficial to the new mother.
The most modern and uninvasive way to consume the placenta is in capsule form. There are two types of encapsulation methods, Raw capsules and Steamed capsules.
- Placenta capsules are made from your placenta with no added ingredients
- The placenta is steamed with lemon, ginger and green chili according to TCM recipes
- The placenta is dehydrated using a food dehydrator or oven for 8-10 hours until crisp
- The dried placenta is ground into a powder and put into empty vegetable capsules
Placenta capsules may:
- significantly reduce post-birth bleeding
- encourage a quick and healthy milk supply
- replenish essential hormones such as oxytocin and CRH (stress reducer)
- replenish essential nutrients such as vit B6 and iron
- prevent the baby blues and post-partum depression
- leave new mothers feeling calmer
- give new mothers the energy to cope with a busy day
A placenta will make between 75-200 capsules depending on the size of the baby, gestation and capsule size.
Capsules can be taken 2-4 times per day during the first 6 weeks. Some can be saved for hormonal imbalances like when weaning baby off the breast. Placenta pills should be stored in the fridge and then transferred to the freezer after a year to keep for menopause.
Raw Placenta Smoothie
Consuming a small piece of the placenta (about 3 tablespoons size) immediately after birth in a smoothie with berry fruits, bananas and juice will encourage the haemorrhaging (normal bleeding) of the uterus to slow down and stop while also replenishing your body with essential hormones and nutrients giving you much needed energy after birth.
Mothers who have the raw placenta smoothie after birth report having bounds more energy and often notice their milk ‘comes in’ within hours.
Placenta homeopathic remedy
A homeopathic placenta remedy can be prepared for both you and baby made from a small piece of your placenta.
A homeopathic placenta remedy may help mothers with depression, baby blues and/or times of mental weakness and/or separation. Your baby may also benefit from the placenta remedy for colic, fussiness, crying, teething, and during times of growth and separation.
Your remedy will be sent directly to your home within 4-6 weeks after birth in a 7c soft tablet form for baby and 30c hard tablets form for new mother.